Monday, August 29, 2016

Pre-AP: Items due tomorrow

Some notes and reminders about the things due tomorrow:


  • In class, you will turn in a paper copy of your "Who am I?" essay and your 6-word memoir. Your memoir can be on card stock, regular paper (colored or white), poster, etc. I have had some people ask me if they could do more creative things (like make a 3-D memoir), and that's all fine with me. As long as the 6-word memoir is high-quality, you're all good.
  • On TurnItIn.com, you will turn in a digital copy of your essay by 4pm.
  • I have had some people ask me what specific things I am grading for. When I see a "10" on the rubric, I think that a "10" must be:
    • written in a thoughtful, authentic, and engaging voice
    • written with elaboration that provides specific details (remember we talked about concrete details [CD] today?), action verbs, and proper nouns 
    • written with conventions in mind, which means a careful eye for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. 
Need the class code to sign up? Click the English I Pre-AP link above. As always, email with questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your constructive comment here.