Friday, May 15, 2015

K/H: Project FAQ

Can we use personal pronouns in our presentations?
Yes. Given that I'm asking for a personal recommendation about this piece, the words "I" and "you" are appropriate. Remember, though, that those words are not appropriate in thematic statements.

What kind of technology can I use? How is technology being graded?
Let me be clear: I'm only grading the English content of your presentation. The technology is there to support what you are saying and act as an assistant to you. Use whatever technology you prefer. Prezi, PowerPoint and other slide-based options are fine. If you'd like to do something more elaborate, please feel welcome to do so. Do whatever it is you feel like you need to do in order to make your project as clear as possible. I challenge you to maybe step outside your comfort zone and try something new - have you tried emaze or PowToon? Pretty cool. One thing: Please do not use any technology that reads your content for you in a silly voice. It's hard to hear. Remember that your technology is an assistant to you.

What do I need to turn in?
Before class: Turn in the final version of your outline to TurnItIn.com before class on Monday. Font Times New Roman, size 12.
During class: Bring a printed copy for me - this is essential so I can take notes and use it to follow your presentation. Also, be prepared to turn in our peer editing activities from this week, as well as previous drafts of your outline, if you have them.

Work hard, but don't worry too much about your presentation skills. This isn't a speech class; I am not expecting perfection in that regard. I'm only grading your English skills.

Here is the rubric for how the project will be graded: Project Presentation Rubric



No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your constructive comment here.