Monday, February 24, 2014

An Ode to My Son's Diaper

You shared; I share. I loved reading your poems and your memory play projects. <3
The Neruda piece inspired this - - -
-------------------------------------------
An Ode to My Son's Diaper
By Emily Wise

Zachary brought me
a homemade poo
which he compiled himself
with baby butt
and dimply thighs:
one poo.
Evidence of carrot and yam
laid without momentum,
belied by droopy eyes.
Inertia of glistening feculence
beyond novelty now,
this is your fourth one today.

Fearing judgement,
I resist the impulse to Facebook
or call in your father
to memorialize this moment
to clap along with you,
make it part of your sister's collage,
or to write poems about it.

The moral of the ode:
between work and an expanding waist,
a brown opportunity to bond
is what your mother needed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your constructive comment here.