Friday, November 22, 2013

The Passage Project

The Passage Project

Orientalism Notes: here, here, and here.

Orientalism in a nutshell: here

Edward Said's article "Orientalism Reconsidered" here

Over the break, while you read the book, think about which project option appeals to you. Knowing about these project options should help you focus your annotations as you read.

We will have time to work on this in class the week after Thanksgiving, but you should also plan to spend some time on it outside of class, as well. If you would like to bring some technology to class (iPad, laptop, etc.) to use during class while working on this, you certainly may. Please note: I am not responsible for the safety of your technology while you are on campus. I have a cabinet with a lock that you may use if you'd like me to hold it for you, but even then, I cannot guarantee it. (Teachers get stolen from, too, unfortunately.)

Please note that the assignment prompt states that this is a technology-based presentation. Go back to 1998 with your posters, people. :)

I'm excited about this project! I hope you are, too. If you have questions over the break, please email me (BestEnglishTeacherEver at Gmail dot com). I'm spending part of the break out in the boonies, so if I don't answer right away, you know why.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't able to open the orientalism notes because it stops loading.

    ReplyDelete

Put your constructive comment here.